Hinduism – an obscene religion?- Know Vedas
India today has become the center-stage of conversion virus. China and countries beyond China are too unapproachable for this virus. And in rest of the world on west of India, already whatever conversion had to happen has happened. Now its only a game of jumping from one branch aka Christianity to another aka Islam and its minute sub-branches in those locations.
But in India, there a good match of Hindu and non-Hindu population so as to offer both an attractive number of potential followers, as well a large number of agents and support-base to carry on the mission of Allah or God. And most importantly, just as India is known to have produced the greatest legends of history, the soil is also very fertile for birth and nurture of traitors who take pride in self-immolation. What else could have ensured that destruction of a symbol of shame erected by a compulsive homosexual pedophile mass murderer and drug-addict called Babur becomes such a great issue in this country instead of being an event of pride! Refer Babri Masjid demolition. And then the impotent leadership coupled with loose controls ensure that any other Ajmal or Afzal can easily siphon in men, money, RDX and everything else needed to reduce proportion of Hindus, very easily. I can keep adding one reason after another. But that is not the purpose of this article.
To summarize, India offers the best climate to grow new followers for any foreign religion. Now religious Conversion is a very smart game. A large number of strategies are used with varied combination to achieve the goal of only one religion. One of the greatest ploys used these days for mass-level conversion activities by those wanting all Hindus to embrace only Bible or only Quran is to showcase that Hinduism is the most obscene religion in world. Not that this ploy was not being used so far. But in recent times, this particular tactic has become much more prominent for a variety of reasons which are not relevant to be discussed here for sake of brevity.
Now when a lover of Bible or ‘Quran+Hadiths combo’ alleges that Hinduism is full of obscenities, for example the sites like http://truthofhinduism.com, nothing can be more laughable! Because if one has to rate the most vulgar books being seriously followed to last letter, these two are bound to take the top two positions. One can browse through countless articles on these topics on sites like jesusallah.wordpress.com and many other sites to know more on this. But shameless as they are, these conversion viruses would not even wink an eye in duping masses in the delusion that if they bring more and more followers by hook or crook, they would get more and more luxuries/ virgins in Paradise.
But this is a very serious issue today. Huge number of Hindus, ignorant of their true Dharma, and duped by internal as well as external frauds, eventually end up starting to hate Hinduism due to this false propaganda. For them Hinduism is nothing more than vulgar love-making scenes between Radha and Krishna, worship of male organ in form of Shiva Linga, Vishnu and Shiva raping women, Mohini seducing Shiva, Brahma having relation with her daughter Saraswati etc etc. We have come across pamphlets being circulated these days across India showcasing these obscenities in Hinduism and appealing Hindus to embrace foreign religions to worship Only true God and achieve true salvation. More and more Hindus are starting to hate their foundations and even those who love Hinduism are not sure as how to explain these stories and defend their Dharma. And existence of communist sickulars only adds to this mess.
The objective of this article is to put all these allegations in right perspective and offer a toolkit to all Dharma lovers to be able to defend the truth and counter the false propaganda.
1. The very first point to ascertained even before delving into each allegation of obscenity is whether that comes under the purview of Dharma in first place? The concept of Dharma in Hinduism is completely different from blind belief system of Quran or Bible. The universal definition of Dharma accepted across ALL sections of Hinduism is the 11 fold path as propounded in Manu Smriti 6.92: Non-violence, Patience, Forgiving, Self-control, Non-Stealing, Purity, Control of Sense and Work organs, Intellect, Knowledge seeking, Truthfulness, Non-Anger. This has been further elaborated in Vedic Religion in Brief.
ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT TRANSGRESSES OR VIOLATES THIS 11 FOLD PATH IS NOT HINDU DHARMA OR HINDUISM.
2. The second touchstone of Dharma is Vedas. All Hindu texts very clearly and unambiguously mention that Vedas are the ultimate evidence. So ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT IS AGAINST VEDAS IS NOT DHARMA.
Basically the above two touchstones are one and same but from slightly different perspectives.
3. The same touchstone is elaborated in a slightly different manner in Yam and Niyam of Yoga Darshan:
Yam – Non-violence, Truth, Non-Stealing, Brahmacharya (Self-control and NON-obscenity), Non-Hoarding
Niyam – Purity, Contentment, Putting strong efforts, Self-study or self-evaluation, Dedication to All Supreme.
So again, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT IS AGAINST YAM AND NIYAM IS NOT DHARMA.
4. Having defined these basic touchstones, which are accepted by all sections of Hinduism, answering these allegations become much simpler. Because now our stand is very clear – We do not defend them, we simply REJECT them.
Q: How do you then explain the vulgar stories in our texts as alleged by these conversion activists and sickulars?
1. None of these stories appear in Vedas which form the foundation of Hindu Dharma.
2. Most of these stories appear in Purans or Ramayan or Mahabharat. Now except Vedas, NO OTHER book is considered to be divine in Hinduism. Further all these Purans or Ramayan or Mahabharat are NOT spared from adulterations in last 1000 years of foreign rule by perverts who had the singular agenda of destroying the cultural foundations of this country. So these texts can be taken authentic ONLY to extent they agree with Vedas. Rest is simply adulteration and has to be rejected. And it is ACTUALLY rejected by Hindus in practice.
Q: Can you explain how you claim that these texts have been subject to adulterations?
A: There are several evidences. For example:
1. Bhavishya Puran contains stories of Akbar, Victoria, Muhammad, Jesus etc. It has shlokas talking of Sunday, Monday etc. However these stories stop in late 19th century when printing became popular. This very clearly shows that shlokas continued to be added in this book.
2. Geeta Press Gorakhpur publishes Ramayan and Mahabharat and has marked a large number of shlokas as adulterated because they appear clearly out of context.
3. Interestingly Mahabharat 265.9.4 Shantiparva even claims that fraud people have added verses that talk of wine, meat-eating, vulgarity to demean the vedic religion.
4. Garud Puran Brahmakand 1.59 states that Mahabharat is being distorted to show vulgarity in Vedic Dharma.
Even a cursory reading of these texts is sufficient to make us realize the amount of adulterations that these books have been subject to. Further many of these stories have been mistranslated to suit the designs of fraud conversion viruses and their carriers.
Q: How can you claim that these texts do not form part of our Dharma?
A: I did not say that these texts do not form part of our Dharma. I said that they form part of our Dharma ONLY to extent that they agree with Vedas. The evidence is in society itself:
1. No one takes the new unabridged Purans seriously (except a very few people who have nothing to do with Hinduism and only want to showcase their supremacy on basis of a fake birth-based caste system. Actually these people are biggest hands-in-glove partners of conversion viruses who destroy from inside). The mainstream Hindu population or even their leaders do not even know the name of all Purans. It is difficult to get complete versions of Purans etc today.
ONLY ABRIDGED VERSIONS or SELECT PASSAGES from these books are available for mainstream population. So ask for Ramayan, and most Hindus will give you Ramcharitmanas. Ask for Mahabharat, and they will give you Geeta. Ask for Purans, and they will at best give you compilations of moral stories from these books. Which means that Hindus agree to these books ONLY to extent that they are moral and as per Vedas.
They may make mistakes due to ignorance, but goal is always to preach and practice within ambit of Vedic religion.
Q: Then why do Hindus worship Radha-Krishna and Shiva Linga if they reject the vulgar stories behind them?
A: No, Hindus don’t worship these entities in the sense that conversion viruses want us to interpret.
1. Hindus are basically simple people who easily trust others. That is why they got fooled by foreign invaders for centuries. So, the first instinct of a typical Hindu is to trust others. Unlike a typical Zakir-type Muslim who is trained to mistrust people unless they follow Quran and Rasul and nomadic Arabic traditions, a typical Hindu would trust any other person merely because he or she is a human being. This trustworthiness is a great strength but also a great weakness, especially when you are living in an area where there are too many mosquitoes flying around spreading dengue and malaria.
So like Agniveer site, Hinduism has been quite vulnerable to hacking and virus attacks. It is time that instead of trying to maintain the same site that has become prone to future virus attacks, we rebuild it from scratch keeping the same content but hardening the security policies to defend ourselves from future attacks and eradicate existing viruses.
2. Due to simple nature of Hinduism, Hindus have traditionally not been over-critical. They adopted and adapted worship methods over a period of time to seek goodness from everywhere. It is a different matter that they did not even realize that in the process they have drifted so far from original source and have become virus prone.
3. Radha means Success. There is a mantra in Yajurveda 1.5 that seeks Radha or Success from Ishwar to be able to stay resolved in accepting truth and rejecting false. Now Krishna was an icon of such a resolve in his life. Someone somewhere down the line symbolized this Radha (or success) in form of idols. The goal was noble, but in process we drifted from core foundations of Ishwar worship. Soon creativity kept being added, the Radha became a woman, stories were written to demean Krishna with a non-wife woman and the game continued. Simple Hindus continue to worship Radha Krishna even today with same pure feeling, completely unaware of the distortions that have happened in the process. Ask any Hindu about the scripture which talks of Radha and he will become silent. Hardly any Hindu knows about it. Now Radha does not appear in either Mahabharat or Harivansh or Bhagwat or any other authoritative text, to cite an example.
To a typical Hindu, Radha is symbol of purity even though he does not know why and how. Had Radha-Krishna relation been obscene in minds of Hindus, that obscenity would have been reflected in lives of Radha worshippers. But Krishna worshippers are monogamous, often Brahmacharis and avoid free mingling with opposite gender. Thus, for all practical matters, HINDUS REJECT ALL FALSE STORIES AND ALL FALSE BOOKS ON RADHA AND KRISHNA.
4. Shiva Linga means Sign of Purity. It started with an attempt to create idol of a Deepak. Now many Hatha Yogi practice concentration on tip of Deepak flame. The flame flickers due to wind. Hence an idol was created to practice concentration. Then some pervert imagined reproductive organs in the idol and created false stories. Gullible Hindus started worshipping this idol as symbol of purity completely unaware of mystery behind. A typical Hindu is not interested to know why and how. He simply accepts things at face value and tries to accept goodness from everywhere. No Hindu has ever read Shiva Puran and other texts associated with Shiva Linga. He simply goes to Shiva temple to offer his pure feelings to Ishwar. Period. Thus, for all practical matters, HINDUS REJECT ALL FALSE STORIES AND ALL FALSE BOOKS ON SHIVA LINGA.
5. Hindus basically believe that same truth is approached by different scholars in different manners. They thus easily admit anyone as scholar and start following him as well in illusion that they are only seeking goodness. So we have Hindus going to Ajmer Sharif to worship even a traitor who sided with Muhammad Ghori to defeat Prithviraj Chauhan. They would worship grave of Afzal Khan who was killed by Shivaji, the Great for his loots and rapes. The basic drive that propels Hindus to every form of worship is very honorable – to seek goodness from all side.
But as I said, unless you apply medical ointment, take pills and carry all precautions of not eating and drinking without being careful, it is very easy to catch Dengue in New Delhi today. The Commonwealth drama is not going to help and in fact make situations worse due to dug-up roads, congestion and dirty-water accumulation. Similarly, despite the hype that variety of small and big cults create, unless we stick to our basics of Vedas, take strong measures, and be careful it is easy to be infected the way Hindu society has become today.
In summary, Hindus worship only goodness. They seek this goodness in whatever form of worship it comes. They do not care about stories behind it. They do not bother about genesis and conspiracies behind these modes of worship, and simply seek goodness. Hence while Hindus should be very careful, it is also true that these stories and these books DO NOT FORM PART OF PRACTICAL OR THEORITICAL HINDUISM.
Q: What about stories of Brahma having relation with his daughter and Shiva running after Mohini?
A: Again, the answer is same. These are NOT part of Hinduism. They appear in no Vedas. In fact there are no stories in Vedas of this nature. And unlike Islam and Christianity, Hindu Dharma has NO place for stories. Hindu Dharma is based ONLY on concepts and ideas. Stories keep changing from time to time, they may get changed, manipulated, distorted, forgotten, rewritten or whatever. But Dharma is SANATAN which means ETERNAL. It was same always in past and remain so in future.
Q: So you mean Ram, Krishna, Vishnu do not form Hinduism?
A: Ram, Krishna, Vishnu, Shankar, Brahma etc are not Hindu Dharma. They were instead FOLLOWERS of Vedic Dharma. They were legends and role models. We admire them because they exhibited great examples worth being followed. They exemplified Vedas in action. Such role models are necessary to inspire and instill direction in masses. But Dharma is eternal, as explained earlier. Billions of years from now, there may be another set of role models being followed. Before Krishna or Ram took birth, there would have been another set of role models and no one knew about Ram or Krishna. But Dharma was STILL existing. This eternal Vedic Dharma is Hinduism. And because Ram, Krishna, Vishnu followed this Vedic Dharma to perfection, they are integral part of our culture, inspiration, thoughts and resolutions.
Q: You are being tactful. I thought you would analyze each story of obscenity and explain why it is not obscene. You are instead refusing to even accept that these form part of Hinduism.
A: I am simply being honest. And Hinduism is not like Islam where a false Quran that contains stories of personal matters of Muhammad are also to be justified. Quran and Hadiths contain stories on why Muhammad married Aisha when she was kid, why he desired to marry his daughter-in-law and in fact had relation with him without marrying (claiming that marriage happened in heaven), why there are special rights for Prophet to marry more than normal Muslim etc etc. Neither are these stories relevant till end of the world to justify being part of what is touted as final book of Allah, nor they contain noble examples. But instead of rejecting these verses as falsehood to safeguard the character of Muhammad, fanatic Muslims try to justify these vulgar verses and in process demean the noble character of Muhammad.
Similarly Christians instead of agreeing that Bible contains fake stories, would justify why Jesus alone is savior of world.
Hinduism is based on much stronger foundations that cannot be shaken by petty stories. Instead of showing us false stories which we already have rejected, show us what is wrong in Vedic Religion in brief
You cannot show anything wrong, and that is why we claim that Vedic Religion or Hinduism is the only worthwhile religion to be embraced.
Its a pity that despite all this, those justifying every letter of vulgar texts like false Quran and fake Bible are brazen enough to point fingers on eternal Sanatan Vedic Hindu Dharma.
Q: What about vulgarity in Vedas?
A: Show me a single vulgar verse in Vedas? Show me one single episode of obscenity in all the 4 Vedas. Now don’t start citing translations of Griffith or Max Muller who were basically conversion ‘viruses’. Explain with word meanings why any verse in Vedas is to be considered Vulgar. No one has dared to showcase a single verse so far. At best people have copy-pasted some crazy translation by some pervert without going further to explain how they came to such ridiculous meanings!
For clarity of all, there is absolutely no vulgarity or nothing unscientific or nothing irrational in all the 4 vedas.
Q: But Hindus follow festivals from Purans associated with these vulgar stories. How can then to dissociate Hinduism from these vulgar stories?
A: Again a childish argument. Festivals is a social phenomenon inspired from Dharma and not Dharma themselves. Festivals and their methods change in every 2 kilometers in India and in fact this diversity is encouraged so far it is as per Vedas. Hindus follow festivals as social events to showcase respect to great role models and resolve to do good. The form of festival observance has always varied from time to time, place to place and society to society. At times they have even got distorted. But this has nothing to do with Dharma which remains eternal.
When we celebrate festivals, we do not recite any of these vulgar stories. We on contrary to this, observe much more self-control on these days to shower our respect and commitment.
Q: But then why are these stories part of your culture then?
A: Who said that these stories are part of our culture? Now traditionally birth-based Brahmins have been closest to religious texts. So if these stories were to be integral part of our culture, how can anyone explain that:
1. These Brahmins (I am referring to birth-based Brahmins here and subsequently in this part of article) have been the most monogamous community of not only India but world.
2. These Brahmins have observed celibacy and self-control to levels that are considered abnormal by Arabic mindsets.
3. No Brahmin ever conducted a single Yajna in Kashi or Mathura that is vulgar, violent or obscene.
4. No Brahmin has kept concubines or performed incest as claimed in these false stories.
Instead these stories have either been rejected, or ignored, or interpreted allegorically within purview of Vedic Dharma as described in first 4 points.
Q: But so many news come of fraud gurus in sex-scandal?
A: Had all this nonsense been part of Hindu Dharma, these news would not have been called scandals. The moment a guru is exposed in such deeds, he is subject to harshest condemnation by society as is case with any criminal. If Hindu dharma was or is obscene, then these news would not have hit headlines and would have been most rampant in society!. For example, it does not make a news when an Imam in Iran does Mutah or temporary marriage because Mutah is integral part of the religion there.
Just as one cannot say that Islam justifies women participating in bikini show merely because one Arabic women won Miss America this year, similarly deeds of a fake guru have nothing to do with Hindu Dharma. On contrary, the fact that he is condemned for his misdeeds show that Hindu Dharma has nothing to do with this perversion.
Q: But Muslims also do not follow all that you condemn in your site. Why do you follow double standards then?
A: Kindly read my articles carefully. I have never ever condemned Muslims in general or Muhammad. I have only condemned the new Quran and Hadiths. And I condemn those clergies or fanatics who claim that each letter of this new Quran and Hadiths is final and perfect. If these fanatics, instead state that all those verses in Quran or Hadiths which are found to be objectionable (obscene, demeaning to Muhammad, justify sex-slavery, call women as half-intelligent, say that non-Muslims will go to Hell, justify marriage with a woman with whose daughter one had physical relation, do not outrightly ban slavery etc etc) are NOT part of Islam and worth being rejected, then there is absolutely no objection to Islam. In fact, it becomes a branch of Vedic Dharma if all the Hadiths and objectionable Quranic verses are rejected.
Q: Your theory is strange. You justify whatever Hindus do and yet reject all these stories that form basis of what Hindus do.
1. I do not justify whatever Hindus do. Had there been no loopholes in practices of Hindus in general, how could barbaric foreign cults have dared to enter Bharat. Certainly there were gaps between the actual Hindu Dharma of Vedas and what we started following out of ignorance.
2. But these gaps point at faults of the followers and not the Hindu Dharma itself. I agree with Zakir Naik on one point – do not judge a car by its driver but its engine. Similarly, judge Hinduism by Vedas and its core tenets and not its followers in general or fake stories invented later.
3. Yes, there are loopholes in practices of Hindus (in general) today considering the prevailing situations. Some of them are
– birth-based caste system in whatever broken form it is
– neglect of Vedas and Vedic Dharma which is our foundation
– tendency to take everyone at face value and trusting them too easily
– tendency to shirk away from fighting falsehood with iron hand
– passive attitude towards rising menace like Love Jehad, conversion virus, sickular mindsets etc
– not spending much time in trying to discover the roots of our Dharma and its essence
We definitely strive to get rid of these to safeguard our religion from virus attacks and approach of Vedic ideals.
4. BUT, regardless of these, one point is clear – THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO VULGARITY IN HINDU DHARMA or even mindsets of Hindus when they observe Dharma in whatever way they do. They may be misled, they may be ignorant, they may be gullible, they may not be overtly critical, they may be bit too straight but THEY ARE NOT OBSCENE. THEY ARE NOT VULGAR in matters of Dharma.
There may be people who get into obscenities – like film stars or their bhakts – but there is nothing Hindu about it.
The challenge from Agniveer to all those who want to showcase obscenity in Hinduism is to prove that Vedas are obscene. Or the characteristics of Dharma listed in very first 3 points of article are obscene. Trying to highlight isolated stories from obscure texts that no Hindu takes seriously will not work. Because Hinduism itself rejects anything that is vulgar regardless of its source or origin. So these promoters of false propaganda should shut down baseless sites like Hinduism Exposed and instead create list of passages from their own religious texts (that they consider to be full and final to last letter) which should be rejected so as to claim their religion as “not obscene”.
Q: Vedas, Vedas, Vedas. You seem to be obsessed with Vedas. What about those cults who do not consider Vedas to be divine. And what about Geeta and Upanishads?
1. Please review the Vedic Religion in Brief. And also review the 11 fold Dharma mentioned earlier. These are adopted by everyone including those cults who do not consider Vedas to be divine.
2. Even the cults whom you would claim to apparently reject Vedas were actually following Vedas by rejecting malpractices in name of Vedas and not Vedas themselves.
3. Vedas themselves do not force, like Quran or Bible, to consider them as divine texts to achieve some fictitious paradise. All they say is that one should accept truth and reject false and through this process truth will continue to become clearer. I consider Vedas to be divine because I have reasons and justifications for that. But someone who does not believe so is also following Vedas, if he does so to best of his understanding and intentions and free from prejudices.
4. Geeta and Upanishads are marvelous texts. Geeta is basically elaboration of 40th Chapter of Yajurved. The 11 major Upanishads are tonic for intellectual mind. So are 6 darshans and host of other scriptures. We admire them because, and only to extent they comply with Vedas. For example, Allopanishad is considered a fraud Upanishad designed by some conversion virus.
5. In any case, what is obscene that you find about Geeta and Upanishads? Instead of wasting time in proving obscenity in Hinduism someway or the other, study Chapter 2 and 3 of Geeta or 17 mantras of Ishopanishad and you will attain true Paradise here itself. Become Vedic because Vedas alone is Dharma.
As for Hindus, I repeat the cornerstone of Hinduism: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT IS AGAINST VEDAS IS NOT DHARMA.
Hence, Hinduism stands for morality, purity and character alone.
All partiotic Hindus should promote this Vedic foundation of Hinduism far and wide so that we can effectively combat the threats of conversion viruses.
Agniveer site was hacked. But we can’t afford to have our Dharma hacked by perverts of foreign crap of intolerance and deceit which was never part of our culture.
Nanyah Panthah Vidyate Anayaya (Yajurved 31.18)
There is no other way!